Saturday, April 3, 2010

In Bloom


With spring here, I decided to make a new blog. I have never really been good at introductions, I am normally the girl who sits in the corner and just observes, so let’s see how this blog thing plays out.

I am a thirty-something year old woman, not married (well sort of), no children. I work full time for an insurance company. It’s tedious work but I have some amazing co-workers so it makes the job manageable. Outside of work, I am on the anti-social side. I would much rather stay home with my DVR and my knitting. I do go out once in awhile, but I am not into the whole bar scene and most of my friends are married with children, so it’s hard to work around their schedules.

I have been knitting for 5 1/2 years. I started after my oldest brother passed away. I needed something to focus on so I wouldn’t have to deal with his death 24/7. Next thing I knew, knitting took over my soul. I take it everywhere I go. I knit on my lunch hour, my breaks, at people’s houses. Mainly I knit hats and toys, but recently started working on the February Lady Sweater. I have one more sleeve to go and then it’s just the weaving in ends and blocking before it’s complete. Unfortunately I have no pictures of it right now since I misplaced my camera cord, but once I find it I will show the sweater off.

0 comments:

Post a Comment